Baan Samlarn manages to successfully mix old and new influences, with a combination of traditional styles, authentic Thai ornaments, natural materials and contemporarily designed furniture and accessories.
As you enter the villa you are greeted with ornate wooden wall carvings and a formal square teak dining table with leather backed chairs.
The fully fitted kitchen, to the left, has black polished surfaces and redwood units and a central island feature with breakfast bar and water-hyacinth stools. A flat-screen TV is also mounted on the wall.
The bedroom pavilion on the right has a colourful twin bedroom to the rear with doors opening into the entrance garden. Wooden beds sit on polished wood floors and are dressed with green and blue silk cushions and throws. Modern artwork matches the colours and even the wooden lamps have coordinated materials. A wooden TV cabinet with flat-screen TV completes the balance of this room. The bathroom has an aquamarine mosaic tile effect in the shower room.
The front ground floor bedroom has steps leading into the room, on the right is the dressing area and the bathroom which has twin sinks, a shower room, a raised decked area with free-standing bathtub and a planted inner garden with outdoor shower. The bedroom has a wooden double bed, comfortable furniture and brown and cream matching furnishings. There’s a flat-screen TV and doors out onto the sea-facing terrace.
Upstairs, past the stained-glass window and chandelier, is another rear bedroom with twin beds, flat-screen TV, decorative lamps, green and brown accessories and balcony with views over the entrance garden. The bathroom has a shower room with lilac mosaic tiling. To the front is the master suite with a modern styled four-poster bed, antique ottoman and comfortable seating. A flat-screen TV and a balcony with fantastic views over the property and the ocean finish this chic room. The bathroom has a feature sunken bathtub and separate shower room.
The terrace in front of the dining area has a central water feature with a Thai sculpture sitting proudly in the centre. To the left is another bedroom pavilion having a double bed, dressing area, bathroom with shower, free-standing bathtub and inner garden with outdoor shower. This bedroom has a comfortable woven sofa and a flat-screen TV.
To the front of this room is a planted area and the main living pavilion. A wooden floor with marble around the edges, and the wooden lined vaulted ceiling create a natural feeling in a room which is enhanced by the choice of furniture included. Natural materials dominate with leather, wood, bamboo and water-hyacinth making up the majority of the furniture. The plasma TV is set into an alcove in a dark wood unit. And cleverly selected Thai ornaments and artefacts provide a traditional element that complements the modern artwork and furniture designs.
A covered terrace at the end of the pavilion overlooks the manicured garden and the sea. To the right is the sizeable blue-tiled swimming pool with waterfall feature which leads down to a sala that contains a bathroom, kitchen and entertainment area with an imposing dining table and ample all-weather garden furniture. From here steps lead down to another garden tier, an outdoor shower and steps onto the beautiful beach. The villa is located within sight of the Raja Ferry where locals commute from the island to the mainland. The ferry pier can also be a decent reminder that when you live in these peaceful surroundings, others are travelling in the busy parallel universe.
- Welcome drink, Daily Continental breakfast, WiFi and services by villa team including villa manager, housekeeper, security (24 hours) and chef.
Chef/In-Villa/Pre-Arrival Shopping Service
- Chef or in-villa shopping service is available at THB 300 or 20% of grocery cost as handling fee, whichever is greater and subject to 7% VAT.
- Pre-arrival shopping service is available at THB 650 or 20% of grocery cost as handling fee, whichever is greater and subject to 7% VAT.
- Provisioning is to be paid by cash on site or by credit card with an additional surcharge up to 5%.
Extra Bedding & Child Policy
- Extra bed is available at USD 50++ per night per person, inclusive of daily breakfast.
- Child under 2 years old can stay for free when sharing existing bedding with parents.
- A baby cot and high chair is available for free upon request. Advance booking is required.
- Babysitting service may be arranged at THB 350++ per hour and THB 450++ per hour after 8 pm. Booking in advance with a minimum of 4 hours prior is required.