The Bent Branch Lodge - A Gnomes Retreat – Historic Virginia Log Cabin, Coy Pond & Babbling Brook
Bent Branch Lodge is your Oasis in the City! This Private 1940's authentic Virginia Log Cabin was built with nature in mind. Tucked away in a meadow of tall shaded oaks & lawns, & just 5 minutes from Downtown, Lynchburg College (University) & Liberty University. This "Gnomish" retreat is updated with Flat Screen TVs, AC & Heat, Ceiling Fans, & Wifi. Host a Campfire at night, catch fireflies to your kid's delight or just stargaze by the soothing Coy Pond & trickling waterfalls. ($89-$249/nt) (Base 6, Max 8 Persons) 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom Cottage with a Queen in the Master Bedroom, a Full in the front guest room, and a full and single in the loft tree fort bed (bring a sleeping bag and pillow) for kids ages 3-12, in a second guest room. (Required $79 Cleaning Fee, 3% Credit Card Fee) PET-FRIENDLY (Pre-Approval Required - $50/Pet/Stay)
The entire property and home will be accessible to you. Self Checkin after 3 pm with a lockbox on the left side back porch for entry.
Just 10 minutes away, you can text or call for any needs as we are raising our 4 children here in Lynchburg.
Hidden away but just 5 minutes to Downtown, Lynchburg College (University), & Liberty University.
SEASONED HOME & LOCATION – To be clear, although everyone who has come has enjoyed the home, I want to point out that you should keep in mind that this a 100-Year-Old, Authentic Early Rustic Log Cabin, and NOT YOUR TYPICAL PRISTINE HOME. Hopefully, you took that into account with the pictures I have online. What else that means is that this home was heated by a fireplace in the early years and still has a slight scent to it that has been baked into the woodwork and is part of its charm. Additionally, it is on a fieldstone foundation that presents its own unique features. We are surrounded by woods and so seasonally, we participate in the annual cycles of insects and wildlife. You will see deer especially frequently in our private yard. To be sure, it is a wonderful experience, but some in the past have arrived and not expected the unique seasoning of the home.
PETS: WE LOVE dogs, but PETS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED, a $50 flat rate per dog. Dogsitting about $25/day, should be older than 18 months (due to house training), Should be under 50 pounds (we can talk)), TREATMENT: fleas & ticks (must be treated within 2 weeks of arrival), NOISE (barking that would disturb others and so we prefer you not leave the dog alone on the property) (we may be able to arrange a sitter if you need one), AGGRESSION: (strictly enforced), and general dirt (no pets on white bedding (pet stains are charged to Credit Card on file) and prompt pooper-scooper required). NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE FURNITURE OR IN THE BEDS…
• PRE-ARRIVAL – Bring Warm Socks or Slippers, Sleeping Bag for child's loft bed, Bike Helmuts, Kayak Rack, Games, Medication & Lotions, etc.
• See THINGS TO DO: Downtown Lynchburg Events, Academy Arts Events; Liberty University Events; University of Lynchburg; Little Known Attractions, Lynchburg Guide
• CONTACT - (text 60 Minutes before arrival) Brianna – Dave -
• ARRIVAL - After 3 pm – (Back Left Side Porch Door – Keybox on the wall next to the door – CODE 9999) (Please turn off lights and HEAT/AC down when leaving)
• LINENS & TOWELS – We provide Basic Linens & Towels for Queen & Full Sized Beds, If using Single Loft Bed &/or Queen Air Mattress, bring sleeping bags and pillows. (Bring Extra Outdoor Towels if you will need them as ours are NOT allowed outside – Washer Dryer in Master Bedroom)
• QUIET HOURS 10 pm-9 am (Outdoor Area Quiet for Neighbors Please)
• SUPPLIES – we provide starter paper goods, coffee, spices, etc (additional supplies not provided but Walmart just 5 minutes away).
• REGISTERED GUESTS ONLY – no additional guests
• SMOKING – NO SMOKING ($100 Fine)
• RECYCLING - TOWN REQUIRE to please separate trash, glass, cans, plastic & cardboard in recycle bin
• CHECK OUT - Before 10 am – (Please Wash Dishes, Put Furniture back to the original location, Put Linens & Towels by Washer & Dryer, Compile Trash and Sort Recycling into bins, Turn off lights, AC/HEAT, Leave Door in Lockbox and doors locked)
• DOGS – (Pre-Approval Required) flea treatment, no barking, off beds, not left alone, must be PreApproved
• CANCELLATIONS – PERMITTED & REFUNDABLE, must notify in writing (Lessor acknowledgment required). Lessor will then make a reasonable effort to re-rent contracted time & rate. If able to re-rent at the same time, at the same rate, there shall be a $50 cancellation fee and funds will be returned. If Lessor is unable to re-rent the canceled period, the Tenant(s) is responsible for the TOTAL rental amount including taxes, which shall be due in accordance with this Agreement. Early departure for any reason does not warrant any refund of rent, deposit or fees of any kind.
• PARKING – (Onsite MAX 3 CARS ONLY)..